PDA

View Full Version : Miserere ZWV 57 live video

khondzinsky
28-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Dear Zelenka friends,
Let me show you new video by the Russkaya Сonservatoria chamber capella with live Miserere 57:

YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjO7rG9JKrM&feature=&p=E99D3B17E74F6363&index=0&playnext=1)

Elwro
29-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Congratulations! I especially liked the choir. The visual quality is amazing, too... best of luck in future projects!

khondzinsky
29-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Congratulations! I especially liked the choir. The visual quality is amazing, too... best of luck in future projects!
Thank you very much!

David Hein
11-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Dorogoi gospodin Khondzinsky!

Thanks a lot for sharing your Zelenka performances! I like them very much. The Gloria ZWV 30 is a highly expressive work, and I am wondering, why especially the part "Gratias agimus tibi" contains so heavy disharmonies. What are your insights omto this?

I suppose that those people, who did not know the Miserere, will have got a severe shock at the "Amen" while attending the concert :-) Good point! The Miserere has been the first work of Zelenka I listened to, and the Amen shook me as well...

Are you planning to perform other works, too?

Best wishes from Germany!

From David

khondzinsky
17-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Sehr geehrter Herr David!

Thank you for your feedback!

At the last concert we played Concerto a 8 in G and Symphony in A minor. In February, with God's help I hope to perform the Miserere D minor Z 56.
Later, in the plans, Kyrie Z 26.
Miserere C minor was my first Zelenka's score, too!

With best regards,
Nikolay Khondzinsky

Andrew Hinds
03-07-2012, 06:37 PM
What a wonderful work and how fascinating that it can receive such violently different interpretations that all seem to work. Your strings are very "clipped" at times and almost violent but, as with other great music, there are opportunities to try an approach that has never been tried before. The choir are excellent too. Thanks for sharing your video with us.

I have only just heard the video for the first time having just posted an entry on the forum about Hermann Max's version.

Andrew Hinds

Andrew Hinds
03-07-2012, 06:38 PM
It is also now possible on YouTube to listen to ZWV 26 in a performance from Moscow Catholic Cathedral conducted by Nikolas Khondzinsky. It is not available on a CD and so we are fortunate to have had this work played for us there. Thanks very much Nikolas.

Andrew Hinds