PDA

View Full Version : ZWV 26 Premiere

khondzinsky
21-02-2011, 12:43 AM
Dear Zelenka's friends!
February 23 in a performance of the "Ruskaya Conservatoria" Chamber Capella in Catholic Cathedral (Moscow, st. M. Gryzinskaya, 27/13) will be the first performance of "KIRYE" ZWV 26.
Concert program: J. S. Bach, Cantata BWV 77
G. Ph. Telemann, Trauer actus "Du aber, Daniel, gehe hin" (the first in Russia)
J. D. Zelenka "Kyrie" ZWV 26

Elwro
21-02-2011, 02:00 AM
Great! Wish I could be there... Will you be performing the whole of ZWV 26? Do you share my suspicion that the Lacrimosa from the Requiem recently issued on Accent is a reworking of the 2nd Kyrie from ZWV 26?

skiaouros
01-04-2011, 11:28 PM
I had the luck to listen to this Kyrie, beautiful ! Thank you Nikolay.
Yet another style of interpretation of Zelenka, I like the Agnus Dei very much.

The suspicion seems correct :
It is easy to follow the Lacrimosa with the Kyrie II score, slightly modified themes, same themes entries, same cadences, same construction, a few mesures removed, but completely different interpretations with a soft Lacrimosa and vivacious Kyrie II / Dona nobis.

Another huge effort with ZWV2 (Gloria, Credo), and the Missa Judica Me would be complete. (ZWV26 is supposed to be its Kyrie, ZWV30 is a rework of its Gloria)

SK

erik23a
02-04-2011, 04:45 PM
in what year will this concert be?

khondzinsky
14-04-2011, 08:27 PM
in what year will this concert be?
2011, of course!

JMAbramson
14-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Wish I could have been there- I've arranged this work before with simplified basso continue, love it.
Amazing work on the performance. If you're not already selling mp3s, you should consider releasing an album if resources abide. I'm planning on releasing a recording of ZWV45 in the not so far future.

Stay in touch-
-Joshua M. Abramson

mdriscoll
11-03-2013, 04:33 AM
What score/source are you using for ZWV 45? I'm in the process of compiling a list of all known modern-day editions of Zelenka's work. I don't have any information on a score for ZWV 45, so I'd love to add that info!

Mike Driscoll

P.S. I'm working on an edition of ZWV 66 and will be performing (and recording) it at the end of April 2013.

Wish I could have been there- I've arranged this work before with simplified basso continue, love it.
Amazing work on the performance. If you're not already selling mp3s, you should consider releasing an album if resources abide. I'm planning on releasing a recording of ZWV45 in the not so far future.

Stay in touch-
-Joshua M. Abramson