PDA

View Full Version : Missa Dei Filii performed under Marcus Creed

Osbert Parsley
20-01-2012, 04:51 AM
Someone has rather helpfully uploaded on Youtube the complete radio recording of a concert of the Missa Dei Filii, ZWV 20, given in Freiburg on 16 December 2011 under the baton of Marcus Creed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiCTzSF7CR4

Osbert Parsley
20-01-2012, 04:57 AM
I see now our own L'Infastidito was responsible!

Whether audio-only or on video, such uploads are an excellent way for those of us far from Europe to keep abreast of Zelenka performances and the development of performance practices for his music.

l'infastidito
20-01-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm glad to know you appreciated the video! They are of course meant for everybody, but people in your situation (of whom there are too many) are of course the ideal listeners.
Besides, Czech radio has been generous enough to make Musica Florea's recent concert of ZWV 8 "Missa Nativitatis" available (direct sound link): http://prehravac.rozhlas.cz/audio/2510257
This is the later horn version, as opposed to Marburger Bachchor's CD with the trumpet version. Maybe it's the performance, maybe it's the horn's rhetorical appropriateness in a Christmas Mass (i.e. the shepherd's instrument), but so far I like this version even more. Supraphon is, as you're probably aware of, about to release the material from this concert. An upload is therefore not necessary.
SVF

Osbert Parsley
13-02-2012, 04:17 AM
Finding the Missa Dei Filii concert directed by Creed on youtube has led me to explore what other Zelenka concerts (and extracts from them) have been uploaded. What a wealth of concerts of Baroque music there is in Europe! I miss it sorely, but now I know I can have a slightly visually and aurally blurred experience of some of them in front of my computer (at least until the uploader removes them, as one has done recently, seemingly in a tizzy). Better than nothing and wonderful to see.

Perhaps the Discover Zelenka site should have a listing of the links to all (or selected) Zelenka concerts uploaded to youtube. A sort of supplement to the discography.

Alistair
14-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Good idea! Thanks.