PDA

View Full Version : Missa Gratias Agimus Tibi

Zelnut
21-08-2014, 06:13 AM
Hi from St. Louis. I have recently become the contractor (fixer) for a large Catholic church in St. Louis, St. Francis de Sales Oratory. This church is part of a larger order, the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest, headquartered in Florence. This order focuses on the fine arts--good music, good liturgy, etc. They still celebrate the Mass in Latin!

This church recently hosted a big ordination service attended by people from all over the world. I have interested the fine music director there in the music of Zelenka, and suggested the Missa Gratias Agimus Tibi, ZWV 13 for this particular service. They wanted a Mass under thirty minutes because the services was already going to be four hours long.

We performed ZWV 13 with great success. I can't wait to do another one of Zelenka's works. I'm including a link to photos of this service, including one of the choir and orchestra.

http://www.institute-christ-king.org/news/280/92/Four-American-Priests-Ordained-In-St-Louis/

I'm delighted to be a part of this forum and hope to learn even more about this great composer.

Fred