Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zelenka Festival 2016 - Meet up

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Zelenka Festival 2016 - Meet up

Hi good people,

If anyone who's going to the Prague festival next week would be interested in meeting at some point, then please PM me to discuss. I already know one or two! I will be there for the whole thing (bar the Dresden concert)

On Thursday 20th Oct, I will also be going on a trip to Zelenka's birthplace, Louňovice pod Blaníkem. You are very welcome to join - pm for details of the journey.

All the best,

Seb

Default Re: Zelenka Festival 2016 - Meet up

Hi Seb, I tried to send you a Private Mail, but your Mailbox seems to be full ... I received an error message
    I arrive in Prague on Friday Night; mail me via testudolegens@hotmail.com and I will write back!

Hi everybody,

I intend to translate the thesis into English, when I have a time, and send it to Dr. Stockigt (the original study in Czech can be found here - for instance, the page 89 of the pdf is of special interest ). By this, hopefully, a Czech speaker will emerge at the Conference next year...

Also, here is a very bad photo of our meeting before the Saturday´s concert
    DSC_0035.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by odie View Post
    Also, here is a very bad photo of our meeting before the Saturday´s concert
    DSC_0035.jpg
    Zelenka was constantly distracting us, so we (nearly all) forgot to pose! Anyway, not a bad photo. On the right, the seasoned academics (djdresden and Jan Stockigt) and on the left the young (and not so young) upstarts and future seasoned academics (xanaseb :-) ), from left to right, testudo, xanaseb, rnkt

Many thanks for all the accounts of the Zelenka festival 2016! Hope to attend next time.

Hope you enjoy. For those who read Czech or do no mind using google translate, here is an interview with Viktora on the Zelenka festival: http://operaplus.cz/adam-viktora-o-z...e-varhan/?pa=1.
    By the way it mentions this forum.

Right, so I decided that I won´t have time for this in any foreseeable future, so here is, at least, a list of performances, that included the music from our composer, directed by Jiří Pilát in Czechoslovakia from 1959 to 2003: https://uloz.to/!hb0eigKGJ4qv/seznam...denych-del-pdf. It features some, very, very, very exciting items...

Cheers and good night
    Last edited by odie; 18-11-2016 at 01:35 AM.

Very curious to know how it was.

Hey Msl - it was absolutely brilliant!! Sorry that nothing has been posted yet. I ask for your patience, I am bogged down in work and other duties
    There is a *lot* to mention and discuss. I understand now how djdresden must have felt like after last year's one!

For now, do enjoy this gem which was piblished last week: http://www.acecs.cz/?f_idx=4
    If you click on the top poster, you will download the proceedings from last year's Zelenka Conference. Special mention for Johannes Augustsson and Jan Stockigt's immense article summarising the many updates to our understanding of Zelenka's life. It's been a long time coming. This year's conference will have the same treatment, I believe.

All the best,

Seb

PS. Thanks for linking that article with Viktora's interview. He mentions the Clavibus Unitis publication there!
    Last edited by Xanaseb; 27-10-2016 at 09:27 AM.

Thanks a lot for the link. I look forward reading it over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanaseb View Post
    Hey Msl - it was absolutely brilliant!! Sorry that nothing has been posted yet. I ask for your patience, I am bogged down in work and other duties
    There is a *lot* to mention and discuss. I understand now how djdresden must have felt like after last year's one!

For now, do enjoy this gem which was piblished last week: http://www.acecs.cz/?f_idx=4
    If you click on the top poster, you will download the proceedings from last year's Zelenka Conference. Special mention for Johannes Augustsson and Jan Stockigt's immense article summarising the many updates to our understanding of Zelenka's life. It's been a long time coming. This year's conference will have the same treatment, I believe.

All the best,

Seb

PS. Thanks for linking that article with Viktora's interview. He mentions the Clavibus Unitis publication there!