Thread: Zelenka Festival & Conference Prague Oct 2017

Lightbulb Zelenka Festival & Conference Prague Oct 2017

Dear Zelenkans,

I have some dates to share for this year's Zelenka Festival Praha, so that you may have some advanced notice. This year's will be held during the first week of October: Tuesday 3rd - Saturday 7th

I have permission to post a preliminary plan of the concerts that Ensemble Inégal are arranging, which may yet change:

3.10: Lamentations of Jeremiah, 4.10: Secular Vocal Collection II (following on from last year's very successful arias & duets), 6 & 7.10 Missa Corporis Domini *the ZWV number hasn't been confirmed to me yet, so it could be either be ZWV 3 or ZWV 9 - I would be very happy to hear either! *

More information concerning the featured concerts, speakers & papers will be posted as soon as it becomes available.

I found it was a fantastic experience last year, and I hope that you will consider coming along!

All the best,

Seb

Default Re: Zelenka Festival & Conference Prague Oct 2017

Hmm, does that mean the listing on Inégal's website that they are doing ZWV 21 on 6 October in Prague and 7 October in Dresden (together with the Dresdner Kammerchor) is a decoy (to get in the punters like me who love their disc of ZWV 21) and in fact we are going to hear a "new" work? Would also not be a bad thing - I did tell Adam Viktora last October my hope that they would be looking at the earlier masses sometime. I was rather thinking of ZWV2/ZWV30 though...

It does seem to be a mismatch, indeed. I'm waiting on information about this!

Seb

Hi Seb,
    thank you for the wonderful news - I will come to Praha for sure
    Roman