Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zelenka Conference & Festival Prague-Dresden, October 2018: Programme & Dates

Default Re: Zelenka Conference & Festival Prague-Dresden, October 2018: Programme & Dates

The forum has been very quiet lately. Can someone please give us some feedback about the meeting in October? Thanks in advance.

Alistair

Default Re: Zelenka Conference & Festival Prague-Dresden, October 2018: Programme & Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    The forum has been very quiet lately. Can someone please give us some feedback about the meeting in October? Thanks in advance.

Alistair
    Yes, thanks Alistair. Indeed, I have been working on a much-needed 2017 & 2018 conference report, but I have been waylaid by poor health this past month or so - I will get on it ASAP. It goes without saying that there is a *lot* of information to cover! There are some good surprises that have come out of the past two years of research papers that I would love to share with all.

For the moment, I can tell you that the Festival & Conference Prague was once again a great success. The final concert of Missa Sancti Spiritus ZWV4 and Litaniae Lauretanae 'Consolatrix Afflictorum' ZWV15 was fantastic. The Mass was so good that it absolutely obliterated the notion that Zelenka's early Masses have nothing to offer. I will post separately on this, and invite others who went to it to post about your experiences of it too, if possible (Testudo & djdresden, thinking of you especially)

Seb
    Last edited by Xanaseb; 25-11-2018 at 03:14 PM.