Thread: Manuscripts/Sheet music

Post Manuscripts/Sheet music

Hello. My name is Fernando Cardoso, I'm a harpsichord player from Brasil.

I'm working with a group on Zelenka's Sonata III (B flat) and the edition I'm using (Barenreiter, 1979) has not the adequate figurate bass numbers over the bass line of cembalo part. The problem is that in recordings of this piece of music (for example the Holliger-Bourgue-Zehetmair-Thunemann-Stoll-Rubin interpretation), the second movement doesn't agree with the bass line of this edition.

I prefer less notes in the bass of the cembalo in this allegro, since the material of the bass in the Barenreiter edition is "colla parte" of the basson! Even the interpretation supra-cited has not the "colla parte" I've mentioned.

So, I would like to know if sombody has a PDF score with cembalo part of this sonata, and if you could, kindly, send me it by e-mail, if possible.

If there is any problem in doing that, please contact me.

Thanks for your attention,

Fernando Cardoso

Hi Fernando,

The oboist Malcolm Messiter has prepared some of the set -- see here and here (post #46). Perhaps he could help? Absurd there isn't an easily available, scholarly, urtext, edition of the entire set.

Best wishes,

Phil

Hello, Phil. Thanks for you answer!

I'm already talking with Malcom. He furnished me sonatas I and IV, but he is still working on sonata III. I'm just waiting. I will play sonata III at the end of September here in Brasil!

Thank you,

Fernando

Well, tell him to hurry up. Incidentally, if you're recording it you'd be welcome to a page like this. At the very least, please take some photos.