Thread: New Midi's of unrecorded works coming autumn

Default New Midi's of unrecorded works coming autumn

Hi all,

I bought four manuscripts of unrecorded litanies (Zwv 148,149,154 and 156). Just after I paid for the CD they appeared here: [http://www.slub-dresden.de/sammlunge.../kollektionen/ (Plot in "Zelenka") . Probably no coincidence.
    The skiaouros/Germund-Atle team is going to make digital presentations of the four works mentioned above this autumn. First out is Zwv 148.
    For those who dont know the process, here it is: I use a program called "Vivaldi Gold" where I transpose and plot in each note. This program make a midi file which is a rude musical presentation of the movement (Sounds like Mickey Mouse house orchestra). I send the midifile to skiaouros. He uploads the file in another program called Cubase. I think he uses other software too. He adds the lyrics (I still don't understand how he can read Zelenka's handwriting). After he is finished with his magic touch, the end-product is a lovely mp3 file which he uploads to Alistair. Alistair then puts it in E-download directory where you all can listen and download it.

I just made a midi of the first movement of Zwv 148 (Kyrie). Sounds promising. I guess you can download the mp3 sometime in August.
    Johannes, if possible, can you dig up some history about the four Litanies ?
    Alistair, I uploaded the midifile to you.

Cheers,

Germund-Atle
    Last edited by root_admin; 30-07-2011 at 07:24 PM.

Default Re: New Midi's of unrecorded works coming autumn

That's great to know! Thank you very much for your work!

I'm working on the short Alma Redemptoris Mater no. 124... in fact, maybe I'll have it ready in the coming week. I'm working in Lilypond, which can also produce MIDI files.

So, if you managed to buy the CD with the scored recently, could you please tell me what procedure you did use? I always wanted to buy some manuscript copies for myself (especially these of ZWV 3 and ZWV 6) but I never got any response to my emails...

To order photocopy of manuscripts from Dresden I did the following;

1) Find out the shelf mark of the work(s) you order. To find the shelf mark I use this link: http://image.slub-dresden.de/de/engi...sp?katalogID=4 Search for composer. For instance, Zwv 148 have shelf mark "MUS.2358-D56"

2) The form I used I cant find on the internet. I send it to you on email.

3) Fill out the form, scan it and send it to "SLUB Musik" <musik@slub-dresden.de> You should get an answer.

Please contact me if this doesnt work.

Thanks for the detailed response! Unfortunately, your email seems to lack the attachments and I can't find the form anywhere myself, too. Could you send it again? Thanks!

Done !

Thanks! And thank you also for the Dresden link from the initial post. I found e.g. a set of 26 cantatas by Heinichen I haven't seen before. It's damaged but mostly legible.

Hello,

This post will be updated with new arrivals.
    ZWV 148: it is now complete.

SK
    Last edited by skiaouros; 27-09-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Hello,

ZWV 149: 2 Pater de coelis, 6 Causa nostra (quadruple fugue)

SK
    Last edited by skiaouros; 27-09-2012 at 10:07 PM.