Thread: Zelenka's Missa Dei Patris, YouTube and art

Default Zelenka's Missa Dei Patris, YouTube and art

Following on from Sebastian/Xanaseb's recent post about the performance of Missa Dei Patris ZWV 19 by Collegium 1704/Luks in another thread, I thought I should post something related, but a little bit different: a link to a YouTube video I like of a painting by Australian artist Annael (Anelia Pavlova), where the painting itself was created to the same music (!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhcWbniKMhA

Alistair already knows about Annael's artworks, she has another painting (I believe another few, actually) created to different works by Zelenka. I personally adore these unique artworks, and given the theme of Missa Dei Patris recently and the festive season now, this can be interpreted as my gift to other Zelenka fans . I think it's a pity there is only one such Zelenka video for me to share. To be honest though, it actually works better if one sees Annael's angelic painting without the music in YouTube, otherwise it feels like one is trying to "match" things up, but anyway, the video has its own appeal. Enjoy!

Greetings to all,
    -- King Max

Default Re: Zelenka's Missa Dei Patris, YouTube and art

Yes!
    This is one beautiful artistic interpretation of the mass (which happens to be my favourite Zelenka piece, as I might already have mentioned ). There's more in it than meets the eye! I wish I was able to purchase a high resolution copy of it, as I can certainly spot lots of tiny details.
    Thanks for linking it,

Seb

Default Re: Zelenka's Missa Dei Patris, YouTube and art

You are right, Seb, the image in the video I posted is not the best quality . There is a better one here though, in another video of Annael's artworks also on YouTube -- just make sure you go full-screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY65FTOalYs

This video actually uses Zelenka's Miserere ZWV 57 -- another reason for me to post it here -- in a very good performance (I am not sure which version it is: Dombrecht, Hengelbrock?). Music and art complement each other really well there I think! And for me this is also one of Zelenka's most profound works. But, as for the images/video -- while the video itself is impressive, the quality of the images is, unfortunately, not high-definition (1080p HD), so again Annael's green Angel to Zelenka's Missa Dei Patris won't be perfect. Anyway, if a bigger and better hi-res image comes up online, I will write about it here .

All the best,
    -- King Max
    Last edited by KingMaximilian; 12-01-2014 at 12:47 PM.