Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Zelenka sheet music at IMSLP

Default Re: New Zelenka sheet music at IMSLP

I want to report that Skaf uploaded the Litanies ZWV 151: http://imslp.org/wiki/Litaniae_Laure...a,_Jan_Dismas) The whole niche community is surely immensely grateful!

I also noticed that Skaf did also one of the masses by Reutter the Elder: http://imslp.org/wiki/Missa_Suscipe_...4ltere,_Georg) Your speed of work, Skaf, is amazing, especially considering the quality!

I have 2 comments regarding the fantastic scores of the 'Sub tuum praesidium' settings.

First, p. 10, bar 116: the sopranos should have 'd g d' at the beginning, and not 'd a d'.

Second, Skaf, may I ask why you have opted for the spelling 'Genetrix' instead of the 'Genitrix' from the manuscript (which is also the spelling in which I've known the prayer)? I hadn't known the 'Genetrix' spelling was also correct (now I do) :-)

Link to the manuscript:

https://digital.slub-dresden.de/werk.../dlf/166049/1/

Thanks again for the hard work! We will be performing the 2nd piece in Krakow from Skaf's score.
    Last edited by Elwro; 06-06-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Elwro:
    Thanks for pointing out the mistake in the Sub tuum praesidium. I included it in my errata.
    Concerning the spelling genetrix vs genitrix: I simply preferred the former version (to my ears, it sounds slightly softer, at least if pronounced in the German tradition). What is more, there were plenty of references in Wiktionary's genetrix article.

You found all of my recent Zelenka editions on IMSPL, so I only have to announce the following one:
    Antonio Caldara: Missa Providentiae (including the Credo ZWV 31 by Zelenka)
    (Note: Most of the lyrics are missing in the Credo, which is why I had to reconstruct them -- see the preface. This movement is stunning, especially the Amen fugue which prominently features the passus duriusculus - a fugue could not be more "Zelenkian" ).

Quote Originally Posted by Skaf View Post
    Elwro:
    You found all of my recent Zelenka editions on IMSPL, so I only have to announce the following one:
    Antonio Caldara: Missa Providentiae (including the Credo ZWV 31 by Zelenka)
    (Note: Most of the lyrics are missing in the Credo, which is why I had to reconstruct them -- see the preface. This movement is stunning, especially the Amen fugue which prominently features the passus duriusculus - a fugue could not be more "Zelenkian" ).
    How very exciting!! It's interesting that Zelenka did a number of inserted movements for various Masses by other composers, and I hope that they will get some recording attention at some point in the future. For example one by Pisani, which is the Benedictus ZWV40 - a nice short layered SATB piece with interlocking an string melody which is similar in principle to the Da Pacem Domine ZWV 167