Thread: 300th ann. Prague performance ZWV60 Deus Dux Fortissime, Sepulcro Cantata, 25/03/2016

Default 300th ann. Prague performance ZWV60 Deus Dux Fortissime, Sepulcro Cantata, 25/03/2016

Hello good people,

The 4th 'Klementinum Baroque Evenings' programme includes a concert at St. Salvatora Zelenka's Miserere (I guess ZWV 57 [edit: confirmed as the less well known ZWV 56 w/ trombones and 4 soloists, not ZWV 57!]) and the awesome cantata Deus Dux, which 300yrs ago Zelenka composed in Vienna and which was performed in Prague.

Here's the nice looking programme pdf, showing a set of other great concerts too.

It will be directed by Robert Hugo with Capella Regia Praha (same as from the 2004 Suprahon CD recording of I Penitenti ZWV 63)
    Last edited by Xanaseb; 17-03-2016 at 02:46 PM. Reason: ZWV 56 not 57

Default Re: 300th ann. Prague performance ZWV60 Deus Dux Fortissime, Sepulcro Cantata, 25/03/

Wow, that's a great concert series. Too bad I will not be in Prague in Holy week! I think the Miserere to be performed is actually ZWV 56 (the one we are still waiting for someone to record). It says so in the complete programme and lists the 4 soloists to perform in it (ZWV 57 only has a soprano solo).

Default Re: 300th ann. Prague performance ZWV60 Deus Dux Fortissime, Sepulcro Cantata, 25/03/

Quote Originally Posted by rnkt View Post
    Wow, that's a great concert series. Too bad I will not be in Prague in Holy week! I think the Miserere to be performed is actually ZWV 56 (the one we are still waiting for someone to record). It says so in the complete programme and lists the 4 soloists to perform in it (ZWV 57 only has a soprano solo).
    Well spotted! That makes this even more interesting.