PDA

View Full Version : Rare recordings needed for BBC

grandfromage
20-10-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm currently planning a week of Zelenka for Radio 3's Composer of the Week series, and hoping all Zelenka fans will enjoy it!
We're very interested to hear some of the rarer recordings, in particular the two more recent recordings of Immisit Dominus (http://www.jdzelenka.net/recordings.php?action=show_result&form_ZWV_no=58&PHPSESSID=e1bdf5114a9e6b6bf9d80f8e4120cec3)
Does anybody know where I could buy them, or would anyone be willing to lend them to us?

Many thanks
Michael

Alistair
21-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi, Michael,

I couldn't and still can't believe what I just read. Zelenka ... Composer of the Week ?

The recording you want is the Robert Hugo one. This was a non-commercial issue for a club in the Czech Republic. The Panton recording is no longer available and is rather long in the tooth. If you send me a private e-mail to mail@jdzelenka.net with your e-mail address and some more details, I can give you his e-mail address. The chances are that he could send you a copy directly.

Alistair

djdresden
21-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi Michael,

why not contact your fellow broadcasters in the Czech Radio for permission to broadcast Robert Hugo and his Capella Regia concert this summer? There he performed a collection of arias and choruses from ZWV 12 and 16, in a much better recording than on the earlier produced cd. These deserve to be heard for they show what an accomplished composer Zelenka was even as early as the 1710's.

And your fellows at the german SWR might hold a gem: two of the Alcune Arias Zelenka wrote in 1733, in a performance of Freiburger Barockorchester with soprano Claron McFadden. This concert took place in Freiburg in 2002 and has probably been recorded by SWR2. FBO and Zelenka - a lethal mix! I'd give an arm to hear this.

Good luck with your series,
Johannes