PDA

View Full Version : Missa Sancti Josephi/Lit. Xaverianae gets Diapason award

Alistair
04-03-2011, 10:09 AM
The new recording of ZWV14 and ZWV155 by Ensemble Inégal on the Nibiru label got a Diapason award (Diapason Découverte). :)

Is this a candidate for the "Outstanding Recordings" page? All opinions are welcome...

Elwro
04-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Well, it may very well be that ZWV14 does not have the features of an "eternal masterpiece" (;-)) like e.g. the Missa Omnium Sanctorum... but when it comes to the performance, the disc is top-notch. The ZWV 155 was a great surprise for me and I listen to it more often than to the mass. I'd say it's a good candidate for an "outstanding recording".

Osbert Parsley
01-04-2011, 05:01 AM
The recording has won the "IRR Outstanding" accolade in the latest issue of International Record Review (April 2011) - http://recordreview.co.uk/outstanding.php

Alistair
01-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Interesting that Elwro made a comparison with the great Missa Omnium Sanctorum (ZWV 21), when he probably didn't know at the time that that particular mass was next to be recorded by Ensemble Inégal!

I suggested a recording of ZWV 21 to Adam Viktora when I met him in November, 2009. He listened! :)

Andrew Hinds
20-06-2011, 05:19 PM
This is a wonderful performance of outstanding music. I bought the CD on a first-ever visit to Berlin in March and have recently had time to listen repeatedly to both works. I spend longest with tracks 14 to the end and I also love the clarinos. Remember how I didn't know that baroque trumpets are known as clarinos and here they are providing joyful sounds for us again. Don't hesitate!
Andrew Hinds